Steve’s professional experience includes a twenty plus year career path in corporate sales and management. His ten years with Automatic Data Processing (ADP) followed by over nine years with American Express (AMEX) gave him the opportunity to use his management and people skills in creating substantial client business for both companies. Most recently, Steve worked with Strategic Wealth Management as a financial consultant.
He has had a passion for historic homes and their restoration all his life and has enjoyed that interest in a personal way by being a resident of Mobile’s Old Dauphin Way Historic District for over twenty years. He has restored 15 historic homes, most of which were blighted properties; consequently, he has a respected reputation for helping to revitalize those areas.
In 2019, Steve enjoyed an exciting transition into his real estate “calling” as a full-time agent with Sam Winter & Co. His knowledge of restoration construction, the uniqueness of Mobile’s architecture and his many contacts within his sphere of influence will serve his clients and customers well. Steve earned the Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) endorsement from the National Association of REALTORS®. The endorsement goes to REALTORS® who have demonstrated knowledge and competency in 10 core areas of real estate practice. Since 2019, Steve has closed over 34 transactions with a total sales volume of over $6.2 million.
He is active in our community by serving as past Treasurer for Restore Mobile, is a member of Old Dauphin Way Historic District, the Oakleigh Venture Revolving Fund, and was past Treasurer of Historic Mobile Preservation Society.
Steve and his wife, Sarah, and their 15-year-old son, Parker, are also a Sponsor for the Forgotten Children’s Ministry of Honduras.
Steve’s interests are varied, as they include historic architecture, preservation and restoration, historic salvage material, landscaping, travel, biking, exercise, reading, Bible study and church activities.
He is looking forward to being a part of Mobile’s “Renaissance” and is optimistic that his life experiences in management and sales matched with his personal history of housing restoration will bring added value to his buyers and sellers as their Realtor of choice.
- The University of Alabama Bachelor of Arts Psychology and a Minor in English, 1990
- Real Estate Express Alabama Salesperson’s License, 2019
- National Association of REALTORS®
- Alabama Association of REALTORS®
- Mobile Area Association of REALTORS®
- Restore Mobile – Past Treasurer
- Old Dauphin Way Association – Member
- Historic Mobile Preservation Society – Past Treasurer
- May Restorations, Inc. – Owner
- Oakleigh Revolving Fund – Member
- Forgotten Children’s Ministry Honduras – Sponsor
- NAR’s Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) Endorsement, 2020
- Mobile Historic Development Commission Award of Merit, for “his passionate commitment to historic preservation in Mobile” and “his careful and beautiful restoration work is an inspiration”
- Award for Preservation from Mobile Historic Development Commission for his passionate commitment to historic preservation in Mobile
“Steve kept us informed of our home’s status, account of reviews, visits and was quick to respond to any questions we had. Once closing was determined, Steve outlined the process, answered our questions thoroughly and promptly and provided insight through all steps.”
– Paul & Angie Odom